Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization and is pleased to support many community organizations and schools each year by donating tickets or other items for fundraising purposes. We consider our community to be our most valuable partner and want to help out in whatever way we can.
Given the large number of requests, donations are limited and must meet specific criteria. Please understand that Blithewold relies on admissions revenue to support operations and preservation work. We will evaluate each request and approve the type of donation on a case-by-case basis.
Each non-profit organization or school is eligible to receive one donation per calendar year. As multiple events sometimes benefit the same organization, please be advised that a donation may already have been issued through another event. To make your donation request, please use our online form. Requests will be processed quarterly.
Non-profit organizations and schools will be considered for a donation of admission passes if the following Donation Guidelines are met:
- Your organization must be a nonprofit or a school and must be using Blithewold tickets as a fundraising item.
- School donations must go directly to support the educational programs of the applying school.
- A single point of contact, email and mailing address must be provided.
- Non-profit organizations must have a current IRS 501 (c)(3) determination letter available if requested
- A photocopy of current U.S. Treasury tax exempt 501(c)(3) letter must be available if requested.
- We may ask that a written request be submitted via USPS on the organization’s formal letterhead
Contributions will not be made to the following:
- Political fundraisers or organizations that are perceived to be political in any way
- Third party fundraisers or sales promotions.
For further information, call 401.253.2707 x23, or e-mail email@example.com
Saturday, October 25
Capturing the Splendor of Nature: A Digital Photo Workshop at Blithewold, with Jan Armor
Sunday, October 26
Children's Pumpkin Flower-Arrangement Workshop
Thursday, October 30
Designing with Woodies and Shrubs with Polly Hutchison of Robin Hollow Farm
Sunday, November 02
Pruning Practices and Winter Interest Plant Walk
Thursday, November 06
Garden Design Luncheon The Slow Flowers Movement: From Field to Vase
Friday, November 07
Eco-Floral Hands-On Workshop with Debra Prinzing
A rabbit’s eye view with Noel Kingsbury
(Oct 17, '14)
We are so lucky that yesterday’s rain held off just long enough to take a ground-level tour of Blithewold’s gardens with British garden designer/plantsman/author, Noel Kingsbury. He showed us, plant by plant, exactly what to look for to help predict how different plants will behave in our gardens. He reminded us that plant growth falls along […]
Christmas at Blithewold “You Are Invited”
(Oct 13, '14)
Although Blithewold is closing to the public this week, it is anything but quiet around the Mansion. We are now preparing to get the Mansion dressed up for Christmas! It is a bit hard to imagine a snowy winter in the midst of this crisp fall weather, but our decorating volunteers have been prepping and […]
Moving into fall
(Oct 10, '14)
It was chilly this morning. No frost yet (perish the thought — our average first frost date falls in early November) but night temperatures in the forties are definitely giving us a taste of what’s to come along with a chance to acclimatize, and a good reason to pull sweaters out of summer storage. And after […]