Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization and is pleased to support many community organizations and schools each year by donating tickets or other items for fundraising purposes. We consider our community to be our most valuable partner and want to help out in whatever way we can.
Given the large number of requests, donations are limited and must meet specific criteria. Please understand that Blithewold relies on admissions revenue to support operations and preservation work. We will evaluate each request and approve the type of donation on a case-by-case basis.
Each non-profit organization or school is eligible to receive one donation per calendar year. As multiple events sometimes benefit the same organization, please be advised that a donation may already have been issued through another event. To make your donation request, please use our online form. Requests will be processed weekly.
Non-profit organizations and schools will be considered for a donation of admission passes if the following Donation Guidelines are met:
- Your organization must be a nonprofit or a school and must be using Blithewold tickets as a fundraising item.
- School donations must go directly to support the educational programs of the applying school.
- A single point of contact, email and mailing address must be provided.
- Non-profit organizations must have a current IRS 501 (c)(3) determination letter available if requested
- A photocopy of current U.S. Treasury tax exempt 501(c)(3) letter must be available if requested.
- We may ask that a written request be submitted via USPS on the organization’s formal letterhead
Contributions will not be made to the following:
- Political fundraisers or organizations that are perceived to be political in any way
- Third party fundraisers or sales promotions.
For further information, call 401.253.2707 x23, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, April 15
- Wednesday, October 07
Wednesday Walk-Around, a Guided Tour of Blithewold
Tuesday, June 02
- Thursday, September 03
Yoga in the Garden
Thursday, June 04
- Wednesday, September 30
Bristol Explorer Pass
Friday, July 03
Family Fun Friday
Wednesday, July 08
Blithewold’s Summer Concert Series: Music at Sunset - Atwater Donnelly
Sunday, July 12
5th Annual Member Sunset Picnic
Transition into summer
(Jun 26, '15)
The to-plant list is getting shorter and we are beginning to transition into a summer-full of deadheading/staking/weeding/enjoying. Right on schedule too: we always aim to be *done by July 4th. (*No garden is ever done.) This week we got the last of the plants out of the greenhouse, tucked in a few final packs of seedlings here and […]
The longest days
(Jun 19, '15)
June is full to bursting. Every plant that isn’t already blooming to beat the band is growing gangbusters (weeds included), and to say there’s a lot to do would be the understatement of the season.The long days leading up to the longest have been so busy that I have been feeling ready for a weekend as early as Tuesday. –Monday afternoon, even. Since […]
Plant by plant
(Jun 08, '15)
Gardening is purported to be one of the best stress relievers — and it is! — but the weeks we spend planting the Blithewold gardens always make me feel a little panicky; my blood pressure rises as the to-do list lengthens. We have so many plants to get in the ground, so many more to get […]