Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization and is pleased to support many community organizations and schools each year by donating tickets or other items for fundraising purposes. We consider our community to be our most valuable partner and want to help out in whatever way we can.
Given the large number of requests, donations are limited and must meet specific criteria. Please understand that Blithewold relies on admissions revenue to support operations and preservation work. We will evaluate each request and approve the type of donation on a case-by-case basis.
Each non-profit organization or school is eligible to receive one donation per calendar year. As multiple events sometimes benefit the same organization, please be advised that a donation may already have been issued through another event. To make your donation request, please use our online form. Requests will be processed quarterly.
Non-profit organizations and schools will be considered for a donation of admission passes if the following Donation Guidelines are met:
- Your organization must be a nonprofit or a school and must be using Blithewold tickets as a fundraising item.
- School donations must go directly to support the educational programs of the applying school.
- A single point of contact, email and mailing address must be provided.
- Non-profit organizations must have a current IRS 501 (c)(3) determination letter available if requested
- A photocopy of current U.S. Treasury tax exempt 501(c)(3) letter must be available if requested.
- We may ask that a written request be submitted via USPS on the organization’s formal letterhead
Contributions will not be made to the following:
- Political fundraisers or organizations that are perceived to be political in any way
- Third party fundraisers or sales promotions.
For further information, call 401.253.2707 x23, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, July 02
- Wednesday, October 08
Wednesday Walk-Around, a Guided Tour of Blithewold
Friday, August 01
- Monday, October 13
Sculpture Embraces Horticulture
Thursday, September 11
- Thursday, October 16
Blithewold Fall Foliage Yoga Series - A Mid-Day Retreat
Tuesday, September 23
- Tuesday, October 21
En Plein Air: A Watercolor Painting Class at Blithewold
Thursday, October 02
America's Love Affair with the English Garden -Talk and Tea with Author Thomas Mickey
Saturday, October 04
Mornings in the Vegetable Garden
The Stickley Room
(Sep 25, '14)
Newer members may think we have a new room at Blithewold – the small room across from Augustine’s on the second floor. Older members may reminisce and recognize that it is now exactly as it was when Blithewold opened to the public in 1978. Although we believe that the Stickley furniture was once in the […]
Slow flowers at Robin Hollow Farm
(Sep 19, '14)
I often tell people that we’re too busy in the gardens to get out much. That might sound like a complaint but it’s not. For one thing, I hate to miss anything here, and when we do take time out to visit to another garden, it’s a huge treat and I always come back inspired. […]
What to do with asparagus foliage
(Sep 12, '14)
I haven’t spent a lot of time in the vegetable garden this summer — Dan has been right on top of the planting, the weeds, and the harvests — but this week I found myself in there a couple of times. Gail, Betsy, the volunteers, and I had the pleasure of helping with a huge […]