Desktop Wallpaper Calendar
Please enjoy this month's calendar, the photos were taken by Kris Green, Blithewold's Interpretive Horticulturist
Calendar on the right side:
Calendar on the left side:
- Click the link above that corresponds to your computer’s screen resolution. The image will open in a new window.
- Windows 7 Users:
- Click the Start button Picture of the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- In the search box, type desktop background, and then click Change desktop background.
- Click the picture or color that you want for your desktop background.
- If the picture you want to use is not in the list of desktop background pictures, click the Picture location list to view other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer. When you find the picture you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.
- In the Picture position list, click an item to crop the picture to fill the screen, fit the picture to the screen, stretch the picture to fit the screen, tile the picture, or center the picture on the screen, and click Save changes.
- Windows 8 Users:
- Go to the Control Panel/Personalize/Change Theme.
- Click the Change Desktop Background link that is at the bottom of the page.
- Select Pictures Library (if that is where the picture is located) for the Picture Location. Click the picture and click Save Changes. When I right-click my pictures, I get the option to Set as Desktop Background near the top of the right-click pop-up window.
- Mac Users:
Click and hold on the image. Select "Download image" or "Save image as..." Save to your hard drive.
In your Desktop Pictures control panel, click "Appearance" and choose the image. Click "Set Desktop".
Select the "Desktop" tab.
Click on "Remove Picture" to remove existing picture from your desktop.
Click on "Place Picture," then select the wallpaper you have chosen.
Click "Set Desktop."
- Mac OS X Users:
Go the "System Preferences" under the apple.
Choose "Desktop and Screen Saver" and install from there.
Go to "File/Save As."
Wednesday, April 15
- Wednesday, October 07
Wednesday Walk-Around, a Guided Tour of Blithewold
Tuesday, June 02
- Thursday, September 03
Yoga in the Garden
Thursday, June 04
- Wednesday, September 30
Bristol Explorer Pass
Saturday, August 08
- Saturday, October 10
Saturday Strolls : A Guided Tour of Blithewold
Saturday, September 12
A Walk with the Director
Friday, September 25
A Sustainable Rose Garden
(Aug 06, '15)
I freely admit that when we moved the Pollinator Garden this spring to its new location at the top of the meadow west of the vegetable garden I didn’t have high hopes for it to be a thing of beauty this year. For a couple of reasons. One, the intended location was full of nutsedge that […]
(Jul 27, '15)
Lily has to be one of the most overused descriptors in horticulture. Go figure, given how aptly it defines so many flowers: the word itself has a trumpeting flare and and if I use my imagination, a sweet fragrance too… Spring is plenty-lily-ful with trout lily, lily of the valley, checkered lilies, and lily-flowering tulips doing their thing, but starting […]
North Garden inventory
(Jul 17, '15)
I’m asked often enough to name my favorite plant and season that it’s a little strange that hardly anyone* ever asks which is my favorite garden. Not that I could possibly pick a favorite (the pollinator garden). But since I featured the Rose Garden (my other favorite) last week, I can’t let this week go by without giving Blithewold’s pièce de […]