Digital and Print Downloadable Blithewold Calendar
You can now enjoy a Blithewold calendar each month on both your computer desktop and hanging on your wall. Easily download either the digital or print version to set as your desktop calendar or print out and hang up. Check back each month for a new, beautiful Blithewold monthly calendar.
Desktop Wallpaper Calendar
Please enjoy this month's desktop calendar.
Calendar on the right side:
Calendar on the left side:
- Click the link above that corresponds to your computer’s screen resolution. The image will open in a new window.
- Windows 7 Users:
- Click the Start button Picture of the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- In the search box, type desktop background, and then click Change desktop background.
- Click the picture or color that you want for your desktop background.
- If the picture you want to use is not in the list of desktop background pictures, click the Picture location list to view other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer. When you find the picture you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.
- In the Picture position list, click an item to crop the picture to fill the screen, fit the picture to the screen, stretch the picture to fit the screen, tile the picture, or center the picture on the screen, and click Save changes.
- Windows 8 Users:
- Go to the Control Panel/Personalize/Change Theme.
- Click the Change Desktop Background link that is at the bottom of the page.
- Select Pictures Library (if that is where the picture is located) for the Picture Location. Click the picture and click Save Changes. When I right-click my pictures, I get the option to Set as Desktop Background near the top of the right-click pop-up window.
- Mac Users:
Click and hold on the image. Select "Download image" or "Save image as..." Save to your hard drive.
In your Desktop Pictures control panel, click "Appearance" and choose the image. Click "Set Desktop".
Select the "Desktop" tab.
Click on "Remove Picture" to remove existing picture from your desktop.
Click on "Place Picture," then select the wallpaper you have chosen.
Click "Set Desktop."
- Mac OS X Users:
Go the "System Preferences" under the apple.
Choose "Desktop and Screen Saver" and install from there.
Go to "File/Save As."
NEW Print Calendar
For 2016 we now have the new print calendar. All the beauty of our desktop calendar, but now you can easily print and hang up at your desk, or up on your fridge. Just click the image below, then right click and print!
Wednesday, April 06
- Wednesday, October 05
Saturday, April 16
- Saturday, May 28
Exploring the Spring Garden
Saturday, April 16
- Saturday, October 08
Wednesday, May 04
- Wednesday, June 08
Watercolor Painting at Blithewold with Artist Mary Ellen Dwyer
Wednesday, May 04
- Monday, October 10
Stephen Proctor Sanctuaries and Destinations: Clay Vessels in the Garden
Tuesday, May 17
- Monday, May 30
#Don't Miss Moment Photo Contest
Springing into action
(May 06, '16)
Despite the wretched weather this week, we ushered in May with a flurry of activity. The volunteers helped us pot up 100 dahlias in preparation for planting out in the gardens next month. They also transplanted Cosmos and Zinnia seedlings that will eventually be planted in the Cutting Garden. We are trialing about a dozen […]
A Boy’s Trip to Europe, 1869
(Apr 27, '16)
In 1869, 16-year-old Israel Pardee left his home in Hazleton, Pennsylvania, for a one-year educational journey through Europe, accompanied by his younger sister Anne. Israel (known in the family as Izzie) was Bessie McKee’s older brother and became Marjorie Van Wickle’s favorite Uncle. Izzie and Anne had joined the family of their father’s friend, Dr. […]
(Apr 22, '16)
Daffodil Days here at Blithewold are in full swing. The soft, sweet fragrance of the flowers wafts toward me whenever I walk near the Bosquet. It’s positively enticing! I could wax poetic about each daffodil variety we have here, but I thought it would be better to let them speak for themselves. So, in lieu […]