Desktop Wallpaper Calendar
Please enjoy this month's calendar, the photos were taken by Kris Green, Blithewold's Interpretive Horticulturist
Calendar on the right side:
Calendar on the left side:
- Click the link above that corresponds to your computer’s screen resolution. The image will open in a new window.
- Windows 7 Users:
- Click the Start button Picture of the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- In the search box, type desktop background, and then click Change desktop background.
- Click the picture or color that you want for your desktop background.
- If the picture you want to use is not in the list of desktop background pictures, click the Picture location list to view other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer. When you find the picture you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.
- In the Picture position list, click an item to crop the picture to fill the screen, fit the picture to the screen, stretch the picture to fit the screen, tile the picture, or center the picture on the screen, and click Save changes.
- Windows 8 Users:
- Go to the Control Panel/Personalize/Change Theme.
- Click the Change Desktop Background link that is at the bottom of the page.
- Select Pictures Library (if that is where the picture is located) for the Picture Location. Click the picture and click Save Changes. When I right-click my pictures, I get the option to Set as Desktop Background near the top of the right-click pop-up window.
- Mac Users:
Click and hold on the image. Select "Download image" or "Save image as..." Save to your hard drive.
In your Desktop Pictures control panel, click "Appearance" and choose the image. Click "Set Desktop".
Select the "Desktop" tab.
Click on "Remove Picture" to remove existing picture from your desktop.
Click on "Place Picture," then select the wallpaper you have chosen.
Click "Set Desktop."
- Mac OS X Users:
Go the "System Preferences" under the apple.
Choose "Desktop and Screen Saver" and install from there.
Go to "File/Save As."
Saturday, August 08
- Saturday, October 10
Saturday Strolls : A Guided Tour of Blithewold
Thursday, October 08
Gardener's Day 2015 : Style- Inside and Outside the Home
Friday, October 09
Pumpkin/Succulent Arrangement Workshop with Katherine Tracy of Avant Gardens
Saturday, October 10
A Walk with the Director
Saturday, October 10
- Monday, October 12
The Shop at Blithewold Members and Friends Tag Sale
Thursday, October 15
Botanical Art and Illustration with Kristina Occhino
Cranborne Manor, Dorset, England
(Sep 30, '15)
Blithewold Mansion was built in 1907 on the site of an earlier house which burned in the summer of 1906. The new house was designed in an English Country Manor style. It has often been said that the west façade of Blithewold is a copy of an English Country Manor in Dorset, England, and there […]
Scratch N’ Sniff
(Sep 17, '15)
With Autumn just around the bend, there will be many beautiful sights and sounds. The rainbow color change of the leaves. The crunch of fallen foliage under one’s foot. But right now, I’m leaning into this last week of Summer with every scent I can linger on in the gardens and grounds. The phrase “Stop and […]
The light is changing, but the heat isn’t
(Sep 09, '15)
Hello again gardeners and garden admirers! It’s Betsy here. Just wanted to reintroduce myself and say that it’s a pleasure to be updating you on the state of the gardens. Labor day has come and gone. How did that happen? It still feels very much like high summer here at Blithewold. Gail and […]