Blithewold’s Marketing, Communications, and Public Relations internship gives interns the opportunity to gain hands-on experience with the development and execution of marketing and public relations outreach. Interns will create communications targeted for a variety of audiences in a professional, non-profit setting.
Application deadline: Internships are available year-round (applications should be received no later than two months before the start of the semester of interest).
Hours Per Week: Minimum of 15. Primarily Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday; some weekends.
Responsibilities: The marketing communications/public relations intern helps create and implement the marketing communications plan, develop promotional opportunities for events, and writes and distributes press releases and media alerts.
Expected Outcomes: Interns will learn to write, research, and help prepare monthly e-newsletters and assist with copy for brochure, website, and other promotional materials. Interns will also assist with ongoing maintenance and enhancement of current contact management data and press lists for targeted markets.
3.0 or better GPA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to interact with a wide range of people from the arts/cultural, business, civic, academic, and public relations communities in an articulate and professional manner.
- Interns must be organized and able to multitask and work independently
- Must be responsible and on-time.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Some website management experience preferred
- Some graphic design experience and/or familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite recommended.
To Apply: Fill out the internship form by clicking the button below. Also please have a resume, cover letter, a writing sample, and unofficial transcript, ready to submit.