Welcome to Camp Sequoia 2021!
Hello Campers/ Members/Friends,
Blithewold had a very SAFE, successful, and fun summer in 2020! I am confident that we can provide another excellent experience in Summer 2021. Our children need outdoor time with friends, away from screens and among the trees…more than ever!
I’d also like to give you a clear picture of our plan and safety measures to ensure a fun and safe summer for all. We want to make sure parents have the comfort of knowing their child has somewhere fun, active, and safe to go this summer while also having the flexibility to change during these constantly changing times.
Below we’re listing the adjustments we’ve made so that camp is as flexible and safe as possible:
- We can only allow 15 children per week to enroll in camp. This is to make sure there will be no cross-contamination of groups of children or instructors.
- We will be using a tent area outside the main classroom as our main meeting/classroom space. Tables will be distanced and we will have access to the private restroom facilities in the Mansion, that will not be available to the public (restrooms will be sanitized regularly throughout the day.)
- All will be asked to wash their hands upon entry. Hand sanitizer will be available or feel free to provide your own for your child to use.
- Counselors will wear masks or protective face shields. Masks/shields must be worn by all at pick-up and drop off.
- Campers will be required to bring a mask or face shield, but not required to wear it at all times.
- Children’s temperatures will be taken with a non-contact thermometer each day before they enter camp.
- Hard surfaces will be sanitized throughout the day.
Parents will receive more details on what to pack and should changes or updates be made to our plans prior to each week of camp enrolled.
Lastly, there is no cancellation fee for cancellations up to 2 weeks prior to the start of camp, or if a child is sick and cannot participate.
Please email me with questions or concerns, or call me at 401-253-2707 ext. 15.
Jill Cleveland, Registrar
E-mail: [email protected]